Monday, July 27, 2009

Free Weekend

This weekend was our last weekend in Ghana with nothing pre-planned. We decided to just explore the city and have a good time. Unfortunately, I got a little bit sick from a bug that has been going around the house. At about 4am on Saturday morning I woke up and almost puked all over my bed. I made it to the bathroom where I stayed for the next 6 hours and puked about every 20 minutes. I couldn't keep anything down and got extremely dehydrated. Eventually I was able to drink something and got a Cipro (antibiotic) to stay in my system. After that I began feel slightly better, but it took forever for me to rehydrate. By about 4 in the afternoon I was feel better and was able to go out for Renee's 21st birthday. We went to Indian food, which was delicious and I got a sweet lassi which made my stomach feel much better. I wasn't feeling well enough to go out afterward, but other people went out to celebrate. The next day I slept in and then went to the Accra market and a place called Wild Gecko that sells silver handicrafts. We then went out for dinner and made a cake since it was Ashlee's lat night in Ghana. I'm feeling fine now so don't worry about me. love you all and see you soon.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever noticed how animals puke? They just get it out, and go on, like nothing really happened. Don't you wish we were more like the animals?? Glad you're all better, McDan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you got sick, Daniel. It's pretty awful to feel that sick in a strange place, but sounds like you got through it okay. I imagine a lot of you have picked up some bugs along the way. Good to hear you're feeling better. Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete