Saturday, July 11, 2009

First Week of Work

I had a great week at work. I work at Lowe Lintas Advertising and Marketing. The first two days I was in the creative department and got to work on an advertising campaign for the Ghanaian Institute of Architecture. I designed three rough ads for an exhibition they are presenting at the Ghanaian National Theatre. I also revamped their logo, since it had not been updated in 50 years and they liked it so they will be using it in the ad campaign. The ads that I created have been sent to the Creative Director, Pat, and he is looking them over. The next three day I spent in the Account Management department. The first day I created a consumer questionnaire about an insurance company that will will be creating a campaign for. I also did a logo mash up, so we can determine brand recognition and will be helping interview consumers next week. The next day I went ot a photo shoot for Key Clothing Soap. I was in charge of setting up the display to be photographed. They gave me a sketch of what they wanted and then I set up the soap and created suds for the display. After that there was a meeting with Vodafone, a cell phone company Lintas represents. We also had a strategy meeting about a club we are advertising for called Citizen Kofi. We have to do competitor analysis, so I get to go around to clubs and restaurants analysis them with my co-workers. Friday was a relaxed day and I worked on consumer analysis for the club and then there was a retirement party in the afternoon. Love you all. Got to go.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty awesome first week, Daniel! It's great that they are giving you exposure to so many different aspects of the business, and also giving you so much responsibility.

    How is it getting to work? Do you take a bus, walk, or what? Is it far? How is the weather - have you acclimated to the humidity?

    So glad to hear your work is going so well! Keep having fun, and post when you can.

    Love,

    Dad & Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Danners!!!!!!! I am so sorry I have missed your phone calls!! Sounds like a fabulous experience so far - seems like you have a lot of responsibility which is great. I love you lots!! Mom XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniel -- what a great experience! Seems like you're in the thick of things at the agency. And your week of explorations sounds like it was both fun and educational. I'm glad this is working out so well for you.

    Jack

    ReplyDelete